James Eyecare & Optics Gallery is dedicated to providing the highest quality in patient care and unsurpassed customer service. Our optical care and services include comprehensive eye exams, contact lens fittings, eye disease treatment, and LASIK evaluations and pre- and post-op care.
We’re proud to be Arkansas’ premier vision destination and offer one of the largest selections of quality, fashion forward frames, and sunglasses coupled with the latest in lens technology and superior lenses. In our Optics Gallery, we are proud to carry such brands as TOM FORD, Oliver Peoples, SALT., Mykita, Tiffany & Co., Kate Spade, Oakley, Maui Jim and many more!
As an Optometric Technician at James Eyecare, you will work directly along side our Doctor to help with comprehensive eye exams, contact lens fittings, treat eye diseases, and LASIK evaluations.
Duties of an Optometrist Technician can be both administrative and clinical. You will help our Doctor conduct diagnostic tests, recording and measuring vision, testing eye function, instructing patients in inserting and caring for contact lenses, preparing examination rooms, cleaning and arranging equipment, answering phones, making appointments, handling bookkeeping and other tasks as needed.
At James Eyecare, we believe in a strong cross-trained team. We do whatever it takes in the moment to work with our patients to exceed their expectations. Because of this, Optometric Technicians will be required from time to time to help answer the phone to schedule patient appointments or anything else that is needed.
- Ten (10) Paid Vacation Days per calendar year after one year of employment
- Five (5) Unpaid Sick Days per calendar year after a 90 days probationary period
- Six (6) Paid Holidays per calendar year after a 90 days probationary period
- Free pair of eyewear after 90 days probationary period
- Vision plan for your immediate family (spouse and children) after 90 days probationary period
- Access to company Health Plan from Day 1 of employment at a rate of 50% of the premium. The company will pay the other 50%.
- If you choose to enroll in the Health Plan, there is also a Health Savings Account company match of up to $50.00 per month.
- Access to team bonus program after 90 days probationary period
- Access to 401k Retirement benefit that includes a company match after 90 day probationary period
Experience is preferred, but is not required for this position. We are always willing to hire someone with the right attitude and work ethic!
This is a full-time hourly position (32-40 hours at 5 days per week). Pay will be based on experience and certifications, but typically the pay scale is one of the highest in the local market for this position.
Anyone that is interested in the position can submit their resume and/or cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
** All applications will be confidential **